This jobcast is all about working in the insurance field. We’ll talk to an employee of the popular insurance company GEICO to give us a peek inside these jobs and the GEICO work environment. Joining me now is Dave Hodge, Liability Claims Director for GEICO in their Virginia Beach regional office.
Download MP3 or Play Live:
Topics to be discussed:
• What makes auto insurance different from other insurance sectors?
• In general, auto insurance isn’t necessarily thought of as the most glamorous industry. Would you agree – why or why not?
• From all the commercials on TV, it seems like it’s a pretty competitive industry, too. What are your thoughts about the competitive nature of insurance?
• I read recently there are over 2.3 million people working in the US insurance industry. What types of jobs does the industry offer?
• In your opinion, why should someone consider working in auto insurance?
• What key skills do you need in order to be successful?
• What advice would you give to someone interested in working in insurance?
• How to apply for jobs at GEICO? geico.jobs
Check out other GEICO jobcasts.